Eline at two months
- Awake more during the day, sometimes only dozing between feedings but generally napping at least an hour before the next bottle
- Nighttime sleep varies quite a bit, anywhere from 4 – 7 hours
- Continues to make more eye contact and notice more of her surroundings
- Has given just a few precious, full-on smiles but mostly gives her bright-eyed almost-smiles
- Generally a good-natured baby who only fusses when she needs something (diaper change, sleep, food)
- Holds her head and sometimes chest up off the floor for 10-15 seconds and lifts her head and torso off mama’s shoulder for short amounts of time
- Still loves to be held and cuddled, but also loves the swing, which has made mama’s life much easier (Thank you, Jessica, for the loan!)
- Takes 4 1/2 to 5 oz. of breast milk or half breast milk/half formula six (occasionally seven) times a day, but sometimes goes very slowly (anywhere from 30 to 50 minutes per feeding) and continues to leak quite a bit at every feeding
- Is terribly GASSY!
- Has outgrown many of her newborn size clothes and is beginning to wear her 3 month sizes
- At her pediatrician appointment today, weighed 9 lb. 4 oz. and was 20 1/2 in. long – small (10th percentile) but right on track for her growth curve
Already, I can’t imagine life without her.